the Way of Love, practices for Jesus-Centered Life.
To get started:
1. Read an invitation to the Way of Love from Bishop Michael Curry here
2. Watch the introductory video in the column on the right.
3. Learn about each of the seven practices by clicking on the links below.
4. Read articles from local authors on the practices in the fall/winter 2018 issue of Reflections magazine here.
5. Find out from your local church how it is implementing Way of Love.
6. Make a personal commitment to join other Episcopalians across the Diocese of West Texas and The Episcopal Church to live a Jesus-centered life.
From The Episcopal Church
The Presiding Bishop’s Invitation to Way of Love
Introduction to the Way of Love including discernment and reflection questions
Discernment and reflection guides – summaries of each practice with questions for reflection.
Print resources: wallet cards and brochures in English and Spanish
Life Transformed: Lent and Easter 2019 resources – A seven-session curriculum for adult formation groups that ties each of the Way of Love practices to the readings from the Easter Vigil.Curriculum and materials for a Lenten Quiet Day around the seven practices.
Living the Way of Love, a 40-day devotional.
A nine-week curriculum for adult formation small group study for use any time.
Covenant and Commitment short liturgy for congregations
About Rules of Life resources
Little Books of Guidance, seven short books by various authors on how following certain practices can help one follow Jesus more fully in daily life.
The Way of Love for Families – a 23-page, free, downloadable booklet with ideas to engage your family, leading the way as a parent, grandparent, godparent, sibling, or mentor with children walking on The Way of Love: Practices for a Jesus-Centered Life.
The Way of Love an Intergenerational Gathering – an 8-page, free, downloadable booklet of a 90-minute session to engage all ages in learning about the seven practices that Presiding Bishop Michael Curry has called the Episcopal Church to follow in our daily life.
Eight propers that can be used as a framework for small-group gatherings, Evening Prayer, dedicated Sundays, or at any time during the year.
Way of Love catcher for children to color and fold
Way of Love backpack luggage tag with a “blessing of the backpacks” prayer.